Development of suspension
The Fifth Mode of Transportation – Tachyon Hyperloop
Combine controlled levitating of a capsule in a near vacuum tube with an electrical propulsion system and you might have a hyperloop in a nutshell. We at Tachyon are certain that revolutionizing the transport sector with high innovation in combination with sustainability is not just possible, but necessary for a bright and exciting future for every one of us. Be a part of a fascinating and groundbreaking mission and help us establish a new highly innovate green-tech sector in Germany and Europe
About this position
The suspension engineer makes sure the Pod follows the route set by the track. The objective is to absorb impact forces into the Pod’s structure, as well as minimizing the friction. As a suspension engineer, one needs to find a suitable suspension type and mechanism. Usually, weight optimization and safety are the two main objectives for a well-designed suspension system.
Requirements for position
- Studying the field of mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or comparable courses of study
- Preferably, knowledge of CAD software (Solidworks, CATIA, NX etc.)
- Motivation and ability to work in a team
- Dedication to the project
- Living in Aachen
What will be your tasks
- Study and improve current suspension design and help in manufacturing
- Develop suitable suspension and guiding system for Pod from different suspension system like Shock Dampers,Rubber torsion springs, magnetic suspension etc.
- Determine strength of the parts by performing simulations and tests.
What do we offer
- Opportunity to apply your theoretical knowledge in practice and to implement your own ideas in a motivated and exciting environment
- Surround yourself with a group of extraordinary students who all want more from their studies
- Contact with potential employers and establishment of a network (in industry and research)
- Pre-start-up experience
- Advantages for career-start through project
If you think you would be a good fit for our team, then apply to us now.
Either use our form or write us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org