Development of carbon components
The Fifth Mode of Transportation – Tachyon Hyperloop
Combine controlled levitating of a capsule in a near vacuum tube with an electrical propulsion system and you might have a hyperloop in a nutshell. We at Tachyon are certain that revolutionizing the transport sector with high innovation in combination with sustainability is not just possible, but necessary for a bright and exciting future for every one of us. Be a part of a fascinating and groundbreaking mission and help us establish a new highly innovate green-tech sector in Germany and Europe
About this position
For our next pod we are looking for motivated students to support us in our development work in the field of fiber composites. Due to their anisotropic properties, carbon components offer structural-mechanical advantages over conventional materials. They offer numerous design possibilities and, when correctly designed, exhibit extremely high strength and stiffness at comparatively low weight.
Requirements for position
- Preferably,study in the field of mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, orcomparable courses of study
- Previous knowledge of FEM, CAD software’s and Altair Hyper works is an advantage, but not mandatory.
- Motivation and ability to work in a team
- Dedication to the project
- Living in Aachen
What will be your tasks
- Participation in the production of our current Pod
- Concept development for our next Pod
- Participation in collaborative workings, as well as group and team meetings
- Mechanical design of specially constructed
What do we offer
- Opportunity to apply your theoretical knowledge in practice and to implement your own ideas in a motivated and exciting environment
- Surround yourself with a group of extraordinary students who all want more from their studies
- Contact with potential employers and establishment of a network (in industry and research)
- Pre-start-up experience
- Advantages for career-start through project
If you think you would be a good fit for our team, then apply to us now.
Either use our form or write us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org